Saturday, November 8, 2008

Testify

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am a Mormon. I have Utah pioneer ancestry- you know, the ones in the history books that walked and pushed hand carts all the way to Utah- on my Dad's side and my mom's parents were Southern pioneers. I have been a faithful member of this church my entire life, but there was a point when I could no longer rely on my parent's and other's faith and testimony. I had to KNOW for myself. I do KNOW. I Know God lives. I know He loves me. He hears my prayers and He answers them. He sent His Son to this earth to be the Savior of mankind. He lived a perfect life. He healed the sick; He gave sight to the blind; He touched hearts and changed lives. He Atoned for every sin for every person and suffered a cruel, unthinkable death being nailed to a cross in his palms, wrists, feet and a spear wound in His side. But He conquered death and He lives. Jesus Christ is my personal Savior. I am a child of a loving Heavenly Father. He is a real part of my life. I live in a wonderful, closeknit, church going community where I can testify and witness with my friends and neighbors without fear or embarassment. As I witness and share what I know, my faith in the Lord is strengthened. I am thankful for the wonderful associations and friends our family has in our town. My children have been and are taught by some of the most faithful, dedicated Christians I know. So many local churches have Ella and our family on their prayer rolls. Her name is on several of our churches temple rolls. Many have fasted on her behalf. I know special Jewish prayers have been taken to synagogue for her. The mother of a friend of mine made her a pink and white rosary. I am touched by the faith and testimony of so many friends of different faiths and beliefs. Our family kneels each night in family prayer to thank our Father in Heaven for all we have and ask for special blessings we need. I know He hears our prayers. We feel like we are in a modern day miracle with our precious Ella. It's scary, at times, but exciting. It takes faith to turn it all over to the Lord, but that is how we are getting through this. It is my witness that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. He sent His Son to save us. He Lives. I testify of this with all my heart. It is my wish that we will all dig a little deeper and testify of what we KNOW. If there is fear there, He will bear us up. He will strengthen us and those that are testifying will be edified as they share their witness. Last night at Wal Mart while getting a small piece of flannel cut to make a small "lovey" for Ella, I shared with the girls at the counter what I know. They responded back that they would pray for us. I love to testify of my Savior and especially this miracle we are a part of. May the Lord be with each of you and bless you all.
UPDATES on our miracle girl: yesterday, Nov. 7, she was almost put back on the ventilator due to many apnic episodes. Her dr. decided to ride it out, upping her caffeine and monitoring her closely. By evening, she was doing much better. Because of this, I have not been able to hold her. I held her last Sunday for the first time, and again on Wednesday. She is up to 1 lb. 12 oz. She is receiving my milk through a feeding tube (4cc- almost a teaspoon every 3 hours). She is tolerating it well so far, and making lots of poops and pee. She is considered by her nurses and resp. therapist to be very fiesty. We like it that way. She tries to shake the CPAP out of her nose and doesn't like being tightly wrapped. She gets her leg out every time. She was started on another antibiotic just in case she is developing an infection, which may be a factor with the apnea. Keep those prayers coming. We thank you all for you love, friendship and support.

7 comments:

Manda Panda said...

I love that Ella is feisty! I think that may run in the family. And can I just say how proud I am that you are my sister? You have always been such an example to me...thank you for being YOU!

I LOVE YOU!!!
~AMANDA

Cody and Utahna said...

Ella has blessed so many lives, from the people behind the fabric counter at Wal-Mart to our family. It is so special being able to pray for her and the rest of the Boover Bunch. I get a sense of how much God loves you too.

Lindsay said...

Thank you for that. Ella is such a fighter! I am so happy she is doing well. I'm also proud to be able to say we are family. I love you lots girl.

Cyndi said...

Amen to your testimony. I, too, know the Savior of the World is my personal Savior. He lives and strengthens us each day, if we but ask. It is wonderful how Ella is teaching us so much--gotta love her little spirit and spunk!

Lacey Duncan said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! The kids love seeing the pictures and hearing her story. We all agree she is truly precious! Please know that we love your family and pray for the quick return of Ella to your home.

Lacey & Family... :)

Beth said...

Emily and Family,

Lacey sent your blog site to me so I could see this little miracle. The whole site really touched me and brought me to tears. It is such a miracle to bring spirits into this world and I know that this little one is fighting for her chance to be on this earth to be raised in the Gospel by you and Hilton. Emily, you have been an example to more people than you will ever know. I have always thought you were one of the "special" ones among us. I wish you and your family all the best!!

Sincerely,

Beth

Amanda and William said...

Emily, I was so touched by your testimony of different faiths. That is why you and your sisters have always been such amazing role models for me. What a beautiful open minded approached that so many of us should have more of. Thank you. I am sitting in the BYU computer lab with tears of gratitude in my eyes.

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.