Friday, November 21, 2008

Miss Priss

All day Wednesday, I tried to get to the hospital to see my girl. One thing after the other seemed to happen to keep me from getting there. I decided I would go in the evening after dropping the kids off at church for activiites. I called to check on Ella around 4 pm. Her nurse said that i must have had mother's intuition to call. "Miss Priss", as she refered to her had just extabated herself-pulled her vent out. I knew it was coming. She loves hanging onto it and her feeding tube. That will be next. They kept an eye on her, and she did very well, so they put her on the CPAP (blows puffs of air into her nose to remind her to breath). So... when I got there at 6:30pm, my friend and respitory therapist, asked if I wanted to hold her. What a thrilling surprise! If she would not have gotten rid of that vent, I would not have been able to hold her. It was fantastic! We kind of put her down my shirt..skin to skin. I loved it! She is so precious. Thursday I was able to hold her again for about 2 1/2 hours. Those wooden rockers are not too comfy on the bum after that long, but I didn't notice till later. I was too into snuggling with my girl. Her dr. came by and gave me her latest updates. Good bowel sounds and good output. Her feedings have been upped to 12 cc every 3 hours. She is tolerating them very well....a good eater, it seems. She has been on an antibiotic for a possible infection, but her lungs looked clear on her last chest x-ray. No brain bleeds. PDA valve looks like it is getting smaller on it's own, so that's great. He said he was very pleased with her progress. I like hearing that. The docs give you the info and that's about it, so I like hearing a positive comment. All good news today. How blessed we are! We continue to take it one day at a time, praying and trusting in our Father in Heaven. It is in His hands. Thank you all for the outpouring of love and support. Keep those prayers coming. We feel them and we definitly need them. Love to all.

5 comments:

Gabe said...

I am very happy that she is doing well. What an amazing little spirit she has. We can't wait to meet her and see all of you guys.

Lindsay said...

I'm so excited that she is doing so good! I'm so happy that you got to hold your sweet baby girl.

Music Mama said...

I know there isn't anything better than holding your precious baby. Eat it up! I'm so happy that you've had good news this week. We love you! xoxo

Tommy said...

That's great news--thank you for keeping everyone updated. She's in all our prayers. Love you guys.

News from Doug and Delores said...

All of you are in our prayers! We are so happy about the "good news" week. Keep it up ELLA! Love you all, Doug and Delores

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.