Friday, November 14, 2008

sweet baby

Sweet baby, Ella, had to have her second blood transfusion, Tuesday. Nov11. I was able to spend the entire day with her. It was very nice to be able to be with my girl all day.She's trying to rest through it...with her hand over her eyes...just like Daddy.
I don't know if she knew Mommy was there with her, but she loved holding my hand...not as much as I loved it. Since she hasn't been too stable, we haven't been able to hold her since that first time. We've even had limited touching because it tends to overstimulate her, so I'll take anything I can get.

She rarely stays too still. I love that about her, but I also wish she'd just take it easy and rest. We do think it is hilarious how she kicks up that leg.
I was able to spend most of Wednesday with her, too. I love that. I went back after choir practice in the evening too. She had hit the 2 lb. mark! yippee!! By thursday, she had gone back to 1lb 15oz and stayed there today, too. I'm sure she'll gain it back by the weekend. They have added human milk fortifier to my milk to give her more calories. We haven't had much change this week...still on the vent. At times, she is letting the ventilator do much of the work, but at other times, she jumps in and does it. She has had some fluid on her lungs that they are treating. The open valve in her heart is still being watched. As of now, the dr. isn't planning a course of action. We are taking it day by day...thankfully with more ups than downs, so far.
OOOh, sweet baby.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

She is so tiny and sweet! We think of you guys often. Love you.

Amanda and William said...

Em- I had no idea all of this was going on! I am so sorry I have not gotten my prayers in sooner. But I read every word of your blog after casually checking it to see how much longer you had left- well it does not surprise me that the Boover Bunch has pulled together through another trial. I know the Lord honors you both as choice parents and know that you will fight for His choice spirits. My love and prayers are with the Boover Family. and Esp little Ella

Suz said...

Those pictures are awesome! Such wonderful news. She is so very precious. We love her so much. Thank you for sharing.

Meag said...

Boovers, this is Meagan Johnson-found your blog through Hannah's.
Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for Ella and your family as well~

hboover said...

That's daddy's sweet baby princess!

Manda Panda said...

Em, I think she gets more beautiful every time I see her. I feel so honored and blessed to be a part of her life!

tressa said...

Emily,
Elle is so beautiful and is always in our prayers. As is your whole Family. We All Love you so Much. Acres Family.

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.