Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Mommy Teacher

This is where it all began...my firstborn, Sam. He got me rolling as a mom, teaching me so much of the things I would need to continue being Mom to our little fam. I can not believe it has been 12 years since that quiet, body building looking observer of a baby came into our lives. He arrived checking the world out...not a cry. He has continued to observe the world around him cautiously. I love his spirit, dedication, testimony, example, humor and all around goodness. He's # 54 on the Sumrall Bobcats Pee Wee football team. He loves the game...learning the rules, watching the game, and especially playing it. I was nervous to let him play, but I LOVE watching him. Pride oozes from every part of me as I watch him tackle and hold back those other boys.

Sam is a bit of a reserved, shy guy, so I love watching him totally get into this game (he's the one on the right in blue pants "hugging" the boy in black pants). I don't want him to hurt anybody, but I enjoy knowing he's doing something he truly loves. He seriously asks for so little, so I'm happy to watch him having such a good time. Being a part of this team has brought a new found confidence and maturity in him. Although my heart aches that he's growing up so fast, I beam with mommy pride as I watch him growing into a wonderful young man.

We celebrated Sam's 12th bday with grandma and gramps by taking him to his favorite restaurant, Outback Steakhouse. Watching Sam eat is another thing I truly delight in. He has some diet restrictions due to a health issue, but when he treats himself and dig ins, it does my heart good. He ordered a bacon cheeseburger (half a patty), cheesefries, root beer and finished with a spotted dog sundae. We had a fun night out together as a family. We needed to get out and celebrate. Since Sam was a baby, he and I sang this song we made up together. I guess it's our "I Love you Forever".
Sam is my baby; Sam is my boy.
Sam is my buddy; He brings me such joy.
Sam is buddy; Sam is my friend.
We'll always be together- forever 'till the end.
Happy Birthday, my not so little 'little man'. Thank you so much for all you continue to give me. You are a beautiful spirit. I am in awe of you so often. Thank you for getting me started on the right foot being a mom. I couldn't have done it without you. I love you all the way around the world. Keep being who you are. Shoot for the stars. Trust in the Lord. Be happy. Laugh often. Cry as needed. Be thankful. And please always stay my buddy-forever 'till the end.Love, Mom.

4 comments:

hboover said...

That's my boy. I am sooooo proud of him too.

Love,

Daddy

Lindsay said...

Sam is 12! I can not believe how grown-up he is! Happy Birthday Sam! What a wonderful family you have. I love all you guys so much!

Manda Panda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!

LOVE, THE SCOTTS

The Boover Bunch said...

How embarassing, Mom...but I love you.-your buddy, Sam

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.