Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big Easy Love

This year marked our 13th wedding anniversary...wow! We haven't had a get away or trip for just the two of us in awhile, so it was great to head to New Orleans for a weekend anniversary trip. My sister-in-law, Christy's boyfriend, Nick, generously offered us the use of his beautiful French Quarter condo (pictured above). We were able to conveniently leave the car at the condo and walk to all the beautiful sights. After arriving Friday night, we freshened up and walked a few blocks to Cafe Maspero. They have the best Muffuletta piled high with meat-ham, pastromi- swiss cheese and that delish olive salad. Hilton had the gigantic seafood platter. We had beignets and chocolate milk for breakfast at Cafe DuMonde. Yum. We love those!! No trip to the Big Easy is complete without a visit to Cafe DuMonde.We walked Jackson Square, did some window shopping and took in all the art and historic beauty of this unique city. It brought back fond memories of our courtship and dating. We spent a lot of time in the French Quarter while we were dating...very romantic.

I said it was a unique city. "Silverman" (I'm sure he has a much better title than that) was actually quite entertaining. I knew Jack would've loved him. He made all sorts of robotic movements with his own interesting body beeping and buzzing sounds. Impressive.
We got a ride from Christy to Magazine Street and checked out the shops and sights here. I loved this area....some very unique and cool shops and boutiques. We had to hang out under an eave of a building while it poured down rain for about an hour. We finally made our way to the highly recommended Juan's Flying Burrito for lunch. Uh, can I just say this was the most fabulous, ginormous burrito I've ever tasted? My mouth is watering just thinking about that yummy monster burrito. Our trip was short, but we packed so much in. We rode the streetcar back to the French Quarter to end our super day. It was a wonderful time to get away with Hilton. Our 13 years have not been perfect, but I know more than ever that he is the perfect one for me. I'm thankful for all the tough stuff we have been through together....
TOGETHER being the key word. I love him more today than I did 13 years ago.

5 comments:

Manda Panda said...

Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids!
Ok, "Silver Man" is so creepy, but I'll give him this...he's brave. Or crazy.

bigsexy said...

congradulations, and Happy aniversary! I cannot believe that you have been married for so long. (yes, I just said that) I remember being at your wedding, and it doesn't seem like that long ago. Either way, congradulations on still being in love, and grwoing a great relationship and beautiful family over the past 13 years.
Also, your vacation pics have made me super jelous, envious and all other typers of -ous. I am glad you were able to have such a great time. everything looked awesome.

We miss and love you all,
the OH-IO packs

Cody and Utahna said...

It is nice to know I'm not the only one with a slightly imperfect marriage. You and Hilton are a great team.
And Mmmm. I'm always up for super good Mexican food. Next to our family -a very close second ;-) I miss Arizona's Mexican cuisine the most. So thanks for the recommendation. We love Cafe DuMonde!

Lindsay said...

Ok, that post made me a little teary! You guys are such a cute couple! What a fun getaway, Happy Aniversary!

hannahshirley said...

I think Bigsexy said it all.

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.