Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance

In May 1999, Hilton became the first in his family to graduate from college. This past May, Hilton's sister, Christy, set the bar super high for future generations, receiving her doctorate in Audiology from LSU Medical School. Not only was this a great accomplishment, it was also history in the making. This was the first group at LSUHSC in this program, which is the first approved Audiology Doctoral program in the state of Louisiana. Way to go, "Dr. Kiki"! The kids were so excited to cheer on aunt Kiki , see Grandpa Boover (and take the day off school). After the ceremony, we headed to one of Christy's favorite places, Five Happiness, a yummy Chinese restaurant I highly recommend if you're ever in the Big Easy. Another thing the kids were looking forward to was swimming at "Uncle" Nick's condo. Nick just became the proud owner of a French Quarter condo. It is very cool. We also walked the neighborhood, getting the grand tour of local eats, our nephew dog, Baxter's doggy park, and other cool sights. The firemen at the nearby department even let the kids tour the station and climb up in the truck. We had a fantastic day, but the highlight was the pride we had for our Christy. We are soooooooo proud of her and all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears she has put toward getting this far. She has had many bumps in the road and mountains to climb, but she did it! What an example to my children that hard work will get you anywhere you want to go no matter your situation. Thank you, Dr. Sister-Aunt- Kiki-Christy. WE LOVE YOU! TE AMO!

9 comments:

CBoover said...

You are so sweet....and yes, I am so crying right now! Thank you for all of the wonderful comments:)

Bethny said...

What a great accomplishment Christy. We are proud of you too!

Manda Panda said...

Big kudos and congrats to Christy! That is so awesome...we are proud of you too. You are our family too, you know?
Love you - Amanda

CBoover said...

Thank you both...I feel very much apart of the family! You all have been so generous and kind for so many years. Your good deeds and warm words NEVER go unnoticed. It is people like yourselves that have given me the strength to keep going on:)

Forever Grateful,
Christy

Wanda said...

Hi Guys! It's been over twenty years since the last time I saw both of you and it's wonderful to see you all again even if just by photos. Cristina has got to remember the time she asked me about why my stomach was so soft and I told her I has swallowed a pillow....... she actually believed it. Your family is so beautiful... you must be very proud Hilton. Best wishes.. Wanda, Yolandas aunt from Puerto Rico

hannahshirley said...

She is absolutely adorable!

CBoover said...

Wow! Wanda! The internet really catches you up with people! It's been a long time.

You mean you didn't swallow a pillow? LOL! I vaguely remember that story:) I think I was a peculiar child. How are you?

Cody and Utahna said...

Love your family photo from Easter. We just started a blog, so I was looking around at others to get ideas and came across yours. Very cute!

Cody and Utahna said...

Looks like smary-pants-ness runs in the family! I got to sub for Jacks primary class a couple times last year and was SO impressed with him! BTW: Great job with the pioneer days. We all LOVED them!

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.