Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blackberry Princess


I do own a cell phone, although I think I was one of the last of my family and friends to do so. Yes. It does come in handy, and as everyone said I would say, I don't know how I lived without it. I do not however, own a palm pilot, iphone or blackberry (or have any desire to do so). The only blackberries around these parts are the juicy, fruity variety. Cade came over this week for a play date and Sophie was so excited to take him blackberry picking. She warned him of the "pricklies" as she pulled on her favorite cherry rain boots. They match her tutu perfectly. So, they grabbed their tupperware and headed out. They had fun hunting, eating and feeding a few blackberries to Hershey. I planned on using the berries to put over a yellow cake for a yummy FHE treat. They didn't make it. We ate up every last berry. Just as my brother is obcessed with his iphone, Sophie is just as obcessed with her blackberries. Everytime we go outside, she has to go looking for blackberries. Yesterday we went on a walk - just the two of us- good thing she grabbed a plastic cup to put our berries in. Although we eat them almost as fast as we pick them, I plan on having the kids pick some this weekend, so I can make that yummy cake I've been dreaming of (I found a delicious, easy recipe in Mississippi magazine this month) for Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Music Mama said...

You have a blog! Yay! You look great and the kids are so big! I wish we had blackberries growing all over the place. And your garden sounds wonderful. I planted some vegetables and strawberries in my tiny tiny yard, and I was wishing for more space to plant. So enjoy your huge harvest for me. Love you all!! xoxoxo

Bethny said...

Too cute! Even though I'm not into baby seeds I love the flavor of blackberries. Can't wait to see ya'll this weekend.

Manda Panda said...

Dang it! You are such a go getter. You beat me with your blog. Mine is still in production. (i.e. - I haven't attempted to post yet)Sophie is too stinkin' cute in her tutu and rain boots!!! Kudos to you on the garden. Love you!

hannahshirley said...

My mother has politely requested that you remove any reference or image regarding Cade Michael Martin. Thank you. That is all.

Lindsay said...

Sophie is SO pretty! She was a little baby last I saw her, crazy how time flys! Those blackberries look so yummy!

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.