Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!!

The holidays have been nonstop, as we celebrated Christmas at the RMcH (Ronald Mc Donald House-what a special place) and started a brand New Year.
We have met great workers at the RMcH, friends, and medical staff at Oschner Hospital in New Orleans. We also have had numerous visits from family and friends.

When we last blogged, Ella was whisked away to Oschner (pronounced "Oxner" within the past 2 years...”Oshnuh” if you lived in N’Awlins pre-Katrina) Hospital. Ella came to Oschner because she had NEC- a serious bowel infection. The dr. at FGH wanted to be sure that Ella had a neo-natal surgeon nearby for surgery, if necessary. Ella was put on bowel rest for two weeks. She didn’t require surgery (what a miracle). During this time Ella went from being on a nasal cannula to breathing on her own without any ‘breathing tubes.” Last week, Ella had laser eye surgery to get rid of her stage 2 ROP-retinopathy of prematurity. She came out of surgery on a ventilator; however, quickly returned to breathing on her own once again. She has a follow-up eye exam this Wednesday.
My, o my, oh how Ella has grown. She is now 3lbs. 13 oz. She continues to amaze us all. She is taking two bottles of breast milk, 34 cc’s, twice a day. She also takes a special formula coincidentally named “Elecare”. I believe it was made just for her. The same thing I think of when I stay at the “Hilton” hotel.

Anyhow, this is just a quick blog update on how are precious little Ella is doing. I am sure Emily will elaborate when she gets the time to blog on a computer. Emily’s full time job right now is taking care of Ella everyday in N’Awlins for feeding, bathing, and loving only the way a mommy can.
We have been grateful for all your prayers, cards, calls, and visits. I have been touched by all the acts of not random, but consistently acts of kindness from friends, family, and our little Sumrall community. We have been blessed to have you all in our lives during these tolling, trying times.
Disclaimer-Photos published with permission from Sam Boover Photography ©-since Christmas Day 2008.

9 comments:

tressa said...

Boover Family,
You all look so beautiful. We are so glad for Ella Grace. We all Love you so much.Lots of Love The Acres Family.

princess said...

Oh my, Ella looks just like Maddie and Sophie! She is beautiful. I am glad things are going better. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We think of you often and miss you.
Jeff, Laura, Ethan and Austin-

The Boover Bunch said...

I love the blog, sweet hubbie o mine. Thank you for all you are doing for our little family. I love you dearly. You should take over the blog full time. You're quite good at it. Love the new background. Love from the crescent city...emmie

Scott Smith said...

We were so excited to see that your blog has been updated, and that it was updated with such wonderful news! Glad to hear everything is going well... Love ya'll all the Smith Family in texas!

Erin said...

I love that family picture. And that girl is BEAUTIFUL! Just like the rest of her family. So happy she is doing well. Thanks for the update!

Music Mama said...

I was so happy to see a blog update! Ella is just beautiful. It is wonderful to hear all of the good news and I hope that it only continues to get better. We love you and miss you and pray for you! xoxoxoxoxo

Lindsay said...

I LOVE all the pics! What a good looking family. Ella is SO cute, and getting so big. Im so happy to hear that things are going well. Love you guys lots!

Cyndi said...

iI am so excited to see your updated blog and to hear the news is good. Ella is beautiful (of course she would be, look at her family!). I love the family pic, it is wonderful. Bless you all for your faith and love. Think of you often and pray for continued good news.

Cody and Utahna said...

She is so adorable. I see a lot of Jack in her. I love the pic of her and Hilton! We're missing you, Emily, and are so proud of Hilton and the kids making things work without you at home!

My little family

My little family
This is my beautiful, little family- Hilton, Emily, Jack ( 7), Sophie (4), Maddie (9) & Sam (11). Aren't the azaleas gorgeous? This was taken Easter sunday at my mom's house. The dogwoods and azaleas were in spectacular bloom.